Wednesday, August 5, 2009

...Music Is My Life...



What do you look for in good music?

Catchy melodies, nice beats, good lyrics, good vibes right? So let me do what I does best. A lotta people don't understand, it's an industry...making music gets you paid therefore it's a job.

I am well aware that for some it's also a lifestyle and my style, in your thoughts might "not be hiphop" or "can't be accepted in the game."

It's no secret hip-hop changed over the years, and old school hip hop is considered dead by some but why not embrace this new generation? Let the new kids get their money man. If they can get listeners and fans then who the fuck is there to stop'em and tell'em you can't do that?

Hip hop is not dead, but it might be considered only to the older MC's and fans, and why? Because that's what they grew up listening to. I know some younger generation folks also can't stand the Soulja Boys and the Kanyes but I hope whoever you are you can learn to take it like me and not be ignorant about it. You don't like an artist or his song? Turn the station, put a cd that you do like in or something. The last thing you should do though is try to bash them for their music, cause in my mind that just makes you look like a fuckin hater.

For the record, I'm a big Kanye fan and Soulja Boy is mos def doin his thing. Intelligence is key.

Am I a rapper? Nah, I wouldn't say it. I create art, therefore I'm an artist. All my peoples think I create good music, but the point is even if they didn't, it would not bother me. I mean, I love to listen to opinions and maybe hear some advice, but at the end of the day, it's all about me and what I wanna do. I don't have a story, or a "thug" background that I come from and I'm not related to anyone famous or anyone in the music biz, but so what. It's a new fuckin day people, so get with it or sit down.

I just try to make the best music people wanna listen to, period. And in my eyes that's what it's about, the people. So if I wrote a song about a girl leaving me, or a club experience or anything, it doesn't always mean its for me. I try to create stories that can relate to everyone so when people hear it they can sing along and be like, "I feel this dude man I'm goin through the same shit" or "I know a crazy bitch like that too".

Music for everyone. Music you can relate to, music that can inspire you, music that you can bump just cause it sounds good.

Give it a chance, and listen to it. You won't be disappointed. After all....music is my life.

I breathe it, I eat it, I fuck it every night in my bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment