Wednesday, November 10, 2010

- November 22nd, 2010: Great Day For Hip Hop -







Make sure you go out and support hip hop on this day, as three great artists will be releasing three great projects. To celebrate, and show my support, I figured I'd dedicate a post to these artists, and give my thoughts on their masterpieces.

Thoughts:

Kanye West, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy":
What can I say about Kanye? I already know everything this man is about, and yet he never ceases to amaze me. The man is a genius, plain and simple. In my opinion, we all know through his 'GOOD Fridays', Kanye actually released 70% of this album prior to November, but I STILL think it is a classic, hands down. I love his vision with the theme of this project, and Mr. West, you can most definitely count me in for purchasing this CD in 2 weeks.

Tracklist:

01. Dark Fantasy
02. Gorgeous (featuring Kid Cudi & Raekwon)
03. Power (featuring Dwele)
04. All of the Lights (Interlude)
05. All of the Lights
06. Monster (featuring Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver)
07. So Apalled (featuring Jay-Z, Pusha T, CyHi Da Prynce, Swizz Beatz & The RZA)
08. Devil In A New Dress (featuring Rick Ross)
09. Runaway (featuring Pusha T)
10. Hell of a Life
11. Blame Game (featuring John Legend & Chris Rock)
12. Lost in the World (featuring Bon Iver)
13. Who Will Survive in America

Source: Wikipedia.org

-

Lloyd Banks, "The Hunger for More 2":
I have been a heavy G-Unit supporter since the "No Mercy, No Fear" days, being that, 50 & his crew were running hip hop during my childhood. I'm sure everyone in my generation would agree. Although Banks drew a lot of negative criticism towards his 2nd album, I think every project he dropped to date was classic. A lot of people thought Banks couldn't grow as an artist, and was struggling to reinvent himself and his music, but honestly (and not just because I'm a fan), I think Banks was always consistent. And now, with HFM 2, the people that weren't believers can agree, or jump on the bandwagon once again. With an amazing lineup of featured guests, I guarantee you, Banks will deliver numbers on the 22nd. Much respect, Blue Heff.

Tracklist:

01. Take'em To War (featuring Tony Yayo)
02. Unexplainable (featuring Styles P)
03. Payback (P's and Q's) (featuring 50 Cent)
04. Home Sweet Home (featuring Pusha T)
05. Beamer, Benz or Bentley (featuring Juelz Santana)
06. So Forgetful (featuring Ryan Leslie)
07. Father Time
08. Start It Up (featuring Swizz Beatz, Fabolous, Kanye West & Ryan Leslie)
09. Celebrity (featuring Akon & Eminem)
10. On The Double
11. Any Girl (featuring Lloyd)
12. I Don't Deserve You (featuring Jeremih)
13. Sooner or Later (Die 1 Day) (featuring Raekwon)

FYE Bonus Tracks:
14. This is the Life
15. Stuntin

iTunes Bonus Tracks:
16. Kill It (featuring Governor)
17. Where I'm At (featuring Eminem)

Source: Wikipedia.org

-

Nicki Minaj, "Pink Friday":
The 'baddest bitch in the game' will also release her debut album on this day. To be honest with you, Nicki Minaj really grew on me with time. At first, I was impressed slightly, only being that female rappers haven't really lasted to this era of hip hip, and that she was in the spotlight. But as time went by, and the more tracks she dropped, her flow/lyrics became better and better, to the point where I became a supporter. People can compare her to Lil Kim or whoever all day, but the fact is, Nicki is different. Somewhere down the road, you might've thought the image, or her style was jacked or whatever, but Miss Minaj has definitely made a name on her own. With her animated delivery and witty punchlines on one side, and her R&B sort of female side on the other, you know she's destined for greatness...especially if she landed the big man, Marshall on her debut. Go get'em girl!

Tracklist:

01. I'm The Best
02. Roman's Revenge (featuring Eminem)
03. Did It On'em
04. Right Thru me
05. Fly (featuring Rihanna)
06. Save Me
07. Moment 4 Life (featuring Drake)
08. Check It Out (featuring Will.I.Am)
09. Blazin (featuring Kanye West)
10. Here I Am
11. Dear Old Nicki
12. Your Love
13. Last Chance (featuring Natasha Bedingfield)

Deluxe Edition Tracks:
14. Super Bass
15. Blow Ya Mind
16. Muny
17. Girls Fall Like Dominoes

Source: Wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment